The Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging Unit consists of a multidisciplinary team of medical specialists in Neuroradiology, Diagnostic Breast Imaging, Osteoarticular Diagnostics, Body and Vascular Diagnostics. The medical staff is available to patients, even by telephone, to provide information on the diagnostic procedures.
Breast Diagnostic Imaging
Mammogram tests are performed on Wednesday and Thursday, hours 08:00 to 14:00. Outpatients can also access the Screening and Prevention Package (breast mammography + ultrasound) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, hours 14:30 to 19:30.
Exams at reduced rate
The Santa Lucia Foundation offers exams of diagnostic imaging at reduced rate for breast imaging screening, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis, virtual colonoscopy, and high-quality magnetic resonance imaging of small joints. ➤ Read more
- Artoscan 0,31 T
- Computerized Axial Tomography Scan (64 slices)
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA)
- Mammography and breast Echotomography
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance 3 Tesla
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Panoramic (open) 1 Tesla
- Panoramic radiograph
- RX Digital
MRI Panorama 1T
- Angio MRI of Arterial and Venous Intracranial District
- Angio MRI of Neck Vessels (with contrast medium)
- MRI Basin
- MRI Brain (with and without contrast medium)
- MRI Cervical Spine - Dorsal - Lumbar and Sacral in full and sectoral (with and without contrast medium)
- MRI Ear (with and without contrast medium)
- MRI Hip - Femur - Leg - Foot - Ankle
- MRI Maxillofacial (with and without contrast medium)
- MRI Neck (with contrast medium)
- MRI Orbits and Vie Optics (with and without contrast medium)
- MRI Pituitary (with and without contrast medium)
- MRI Shoulder - Arm - Elbow - Wrist and Hand
- MRI Temporo-Mandibular
RM O-Scan 0.31 T
- MRI Knee
- MRI Ankle
- MRI Elbow
- MRI Foot
- MRI Hand
- MRI Wrist
GE Lightspeed 64-slice tomography VTC
- Angio CT Abdominal Aorta Thoracic
- Angio CT Arts Top and Bottom
- Angio CT Intracranial Arterial Circle
- Angio CT Neck Vessels
- CT Chest - Adduce - Pelvis
- CT Brain
- TC ATM
- TC Ear and Fastoidi
- TC Maxillofacial
- TC Orbits
- TC Pituitary
- Virtual Colonoscopy
Retrieval of Reports
The delivery of reports is guaranteed within 24 hours. Images attached to the report are provided on CD-ROM. Printing of radiographs may be requested upon payment of 8 € for each image.
Reports can be picked up at the Admission Office of the Diagnostic Imaging Unit (via Ardeatina, 306 - 00179 Rome - Clinics, Floor - 1)
Reports can be collected by the patient or other person in possession of: 1) written proxy, 2) photocopy of patient’s identification document, 3) his/her own identification document
Reports are available: Monday to Friday, h. 8:00 - 19:00; Saturday, h. 8:00 - 13:00.
Reports must be collected within 30 days from the date specified on the module for retrieval. After 30 days the patient will have to repay the full cost of the services provided.
How to Access Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging Unit
SSN (NHS) – In agreement wiht the National Health Service. Due to the limited number of performances that the Santa Lucia Foundation is authorized to provide in agreement with the National Health Service (SSN), this access mode is only available to people exempt from NHS-Fee (priority for the weaker segment of the population). This option requires a prescription from your primary physician. You cannot choose your specialist.
SIMP – Simple solution offered by the Santa Lucia Foundation as alternative to the National Health Service (SSN). Cost to the patient is comparable to the ticket for NHS performance. This option does not require a prescription from your primary physician. You cannot choose your specialist.
How to Access Traditional Radiology (X-Rays)
No reservation required. Just go to the Diagnostic Imaging Unit (Via Ardeatina 306 – 00179 Rome).
Monday to Friday, h. 08:00 - 11:00, 15:00 - 19:00; Saturday, h. 08:00 - 11:00
A prescription is required.
How to Access Diagnostic Imaging (CT, MRI, Mammogram tests, Breast Ecotomografia)
Booking online: Take a moment to complete the electronic form and you will be contacted by our staff within 48 hours to set the date of the visit.
Telephone bookings: tel. +39 06.5150.11, Monday to Friday, h. 9:00 - 17:00
Headquarters: Outpatient Clinics, Via Ardeatina 306 – 00179 Rome (Floor -2), Monday to Friday, h. 08:00 - 19:30; Saturday, h. 08:00 - 13:30.
Doctors may want to review any required diagnostic tests prior to performing any imaging.